What Is Integrative Health Coaching?
Integrative health coaching is a structured partnership between an individual and a health coach in which the coach helps empower the individual to reach their health goals through various stages of learning and change. The word integrative reflects the coach’s training in whole-person care, patient-centeredness, mindfulness, and healthy lifestyle.
Who Is Your Integrative Health Coach?
My name is Kat, I am a Duke Certified Integrative Health Coach. I partner with you – individuals living with cystic fibrosis (CF) or caregivers of individuals living with CF who are interested in making sustainable lifestyle and health behavior change.
I can help you identify any unhealthy behaviors and actualize the life that reflects and supports who you are and what is most meaningful to you. I do this by working in partnership with you, approaching my work with the belief that you are the expert in your own life.
My role is acting as a guide in the process of change – helping you create a step-by-step plan in order to incorporate new healthy and life affirming behaviors into your daily routine.
What Areas of Health Would Be Appropriate to Work on with an Integrated Health Coach?
A coach is like a “personal trainer” except that focus is on your whole self – not just your physical self. Therefore, any concern that gets in the way of taking care of your optimal health is the perfect subject to bring to coaching.
Here are some examples:
- You want to have a regular exercise routine and feel strong, fit, and flexible
- You want to feel more organized and in control of your/your child’s CF disease management
- You want to sleep well and have more energy
- You/your child has CFRD and you want to make lifestyle changes to decrease your risk of heart disease and disease progression
- You want a better home/work life balance
- You want to decrease ‘stress’ in your life and feel more calm and relaxed
- You want to feel more connected to your life, your family, your work